Agreed, to a point

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Michaelson from 150.182.1.47 on March 19, 2000 at 12:29:34:

In Reply to: Re: Lambskin vs Cowhide ... posted by MF on March 19, 2000 at 12:05:57:

: : What kind of jacket do you prefer and why?

: I have a cowhide USWings/Cooper and lambskin Wested. The difference in the leathers is really how they fit your body. The cowhide has "jacket shape", the lambskin has "body shape"; lemme explain more. The lambskin is softer and follow your body and acquires more of your shape whereas the cowhide holds more of the jacket's shape. This make any sense? :-)

: I like the feel and drape of the lambskin in the jacket. I don't wear it with sweaters or heavy layers -- I like the thin look it imparts.

: (When it gets really cold, I'll opt for a sheepfur lined B3).

: Let me say as a total aside (in my vendor testimonials) that Mr. Hack of US Wings was also a great pleasure to deal with (and he gets bonus points for being headquartered in my original hometown of Stow, Ohio. ;-))

: // mf

Points are well made, though I've experienced a little better luck with the lambskin in terms of layering, as it seems to insulate pretty well against wind if a sweater is worn underneath should the weather turn "nasty". As to the testimonial for Sgt. Hack, my experiences haven't been as nice as yours, as he does tend to get a bit testy when you are just looking for information, as it you question in information that he has on hand, he has taken it as an attack on his personal integrity and military career (which has always mystified me as to why). He has found some of his information has been incorrect, and I will give him credit for revising his web advertisements due to that bad incorrect info, I can't give him those "bonus" points, even if he IS from my home state of Ohio. Regards. Michaelson

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]