Re: enough sometimes!!!

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by California Mike from 209-21-33-153.dialup.microweb.net on March 19, 2000 at 22:33:30:

In Reply to: enough sometimes!!! posted by jackilyn on March 19, 2000 at 22:01:49:

I can't speak for all the indyfans, but I for one travel all over the U.S. and have really wacky, and occasionally dangerous (usually due to my own stupidity) adventures. It doesn't take much, just find some crazy locale and make a quest out of getting there and taking some pictures or something. I would do these things no matter what, but it's always fun to imagine that at some point I would find a sacred relic and battle nazis for it. An overactive imagination I guess. Trust me, some of us actually are quite capable and burly people away from our keyboards.

As for the wardrobe...at this point I don't care to spend that much for the sake of accuracy, but I can easily see how others want to. After spending 2000 to 3000 on a home stereo I wish I had kept some back so at least I could get a lambskin jacket, wested or otherwise.

An important point you may be missing is that some of us, myself included, consider Indy as being dressed in a similar fashion to how we would want to dress even if Lucas had never dreamed him up!! Maybe not with the torn shirt and all, but the fashion of the thirties and forties is, in my mind, simply looks better and is classier than today's garbage. The adventure gear is all fairly practical, and even when I go golfing or hiking I find a fedora and boots to be more functional than jeans, a baseball cap, or other items. As for a leather jacket, I'm really glad I've had one several times in my moonlighting job as a bouncer, and in crashes on off road vehicles.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]