Details of our 2 man indy convention

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by RaiderOfTheArk from 98C8CBDF.ipt.aol.com on March 20, 2000 at 22:24:44:

This past saturday Me and Indiangjr had an impropmtu 2 man indiana jones convention. Well 4 people actually becasue we had our indy chicks with us. It was a great expereince, I thought i was the only indy nut, but inadianagjr was right up there too. It was a great experience.
Indianagjr drove down and got at my house at about 1 pm. After getting preliminary greetings aside we decide to head to the city. After of course I whipped out my guitar and showed indianagjr how we play speed guitar here in the big apple. :0)And then i unleashed a slew of gory ecw tapes for their enjoyment.
The day was cold, really frigid but that didnt deter us from heading out to the city(times sq to be exact) and having an absolutely awesome meal. indy was the main topic of the conversation of course, but we also chatted about other things like school and things like that. It was a grewat experience for both parties, I think we both thought the other might turn out to be a wackadoo. Luckily we were both such indy fanatics it wouldnt matter anyway!After dinner it was off to my house to talk business
After dinner it was back to my house to get down to business.
I have 2 westeds, a raiders lambskin and the last crusade hide version. IndianaGjr Has the Last Crusade version in the new lamb touch hide. So we got to comparing them of course(pics are being deveoloped as we speak), and much to our surprise we found a bit of contrasts between our 2 last crusade jackets.
The collar on indianagjr crusade is signifigantly rounder on the ends than mine, and his side straps have hidden seams unlike my exposed ones. Also the material part of his zipper where it is sown into the leather is black unlike mine which is brown.
Next thing we compared was the much alluded Back pleat area. What we found simply astounded us, 3 westeds and 3 different measuremnets of the pleats. The last Crusade i have has the seam of the backpanel about a half to 3/4 an inch off the sleeve area. Indiana Gjr has the back panel seam about a half inch from the arm seam. And my raiders version is about 1.5 inches off on one end and 2 1/4 off the other! This was not good. In fact it was damned puzzling, here are jackets drawn from the same pattern, but constructed differently .Granted ok we didnt have 2 raiders versions, but the crusades should have been identical and they were far from it. Also the cargo pockets on both the crusade version and the raiders were exact, but in the movie crusades are bigger. Also my crusade jacket has the inside pocket on the left indianagjr's is on the right. And even his drings were different they were greyish blue compared to my brass. After making these observations we hung out a bit more had tea and took some more pics of other items like the bags i sell, and other stuff. All in all I'd say our 2 man convention was great.

RaiderOfTheArk

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]