Re: enough sometimes!!!

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Scot from S.C. from user91.ais-gwd.com on March 20, 2000 at 23:51:12:

In Reply to: Re: enough sometimes!!! posted by nobody on March 20, 2000 at 14:46:56:

Do you really believe what you are saying?

: I agree with you completely, but, as I have found out, there is no sense trying to convert the nerds here that they're not being nerdy. Of course wearing a fedora, or a bomber style jacket doesn't make you a nerd, but anyone who says that obsessing over every single aspect of a fictional character's wardrobe, and then pretending to be that character while dressed head to toe exactly like him, isn't a little dorky, well... Weightlifters can be nerds too! And that doesn't make them bad people, any of them. But surely Harrison Ford and steven spielberg themselves would RUN the other way if they saw some guy walking towards them dressed like Indiana Jones.

:
: : I don't mean for the subject to sound too coarse. However, I enjoy coming to the indyfan forum to see what people are talking about.
: : But all too often, this whole "gotta look like the man himself" obsessiveness bores me. People should be out living and making there own adventures, and their own WARDROBES catered to todays requirements and styles perhaps, rather than simply fantasizing about a fantasy character anyway - especially for some of the money some people pay for such, could pay for quite a well to do travel excursion or adventure, something of far more personable value in a sense.
: : My two and a half cents worth anyway :)

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]