Re: Depends what a "Bad Indy" is

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by ericao from d197.lsbg.fl.iag.net on July 05, 1998 at 18:14:06:

In Reply to: Depends what a "Bad Indy" is posted by Jeff on July 05, 1998 at 01:15:51:

Am I the only one that loves the Last Crusade in this forum? It sure feels that way. I admit that Raiders was the best of the trilogy, but my personal favorite will always be the Last Crusade. Sean Connery is one of my favorite actors, and he literally made this movie excellent. I also enjoyed seeing the whole "gang" back together like Sallah and Marcus. The only thing wrong with LC was that there were many mistakes that shouldn't have been over-looked by the creators of this film. That hair on Indys face when he realizes that Elsa was a traitor really annoys me, even to this day. Oh, and how in the name of God could a single match set the whole catacombs on fire while the sparks of fire from Indys torch which touched the petroleum didn't do a thing? And another thing I'd like to point out, how could Indy open his eyes in the petroleum? Isn't that impossible. And what happened to the strap which held Indy on the tank but prevented him from climbing the tank and saving his life near the end? It was there one moment, and gone the next. These reasons, along with the fact that it was a sequel, make LC not nearly as good as the first. But still, it retained the feeling of Raiders (something the Temple of Doom should've looked into) and it had a very good plot so it remains my favorite Indy movie. I hope *someone* agrees with me!

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]