Hey Glark!

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by The Northlander from dialup2-32.uplogon.com on July 05, 1998 at 21:30:26:

In Reply to: Re: Good vs. Bad posted by Glark on July 05, 1998 at 01:10:05:

: : What makes an Indy movie good? Does it have to follow the formula of Indy chasing a Christian artifact in the desert? Must it include members of the old "gang", such as Sallah?

: I count myself as a huge Raiders fan. It's one of my favourite movies. I'd like to see Marion return as she seems like a natural match for Indy but a part of me would rather see no Indy 4 if it means another pale effort like TOD or LC.

: Tone the comedy way down, lose Connery, lose the ditzy women and comic villains (Mola Ram I'm looking at you) and recapture that Old Testament vengeful God mood (and I'm talking tone here...I agree with Northy that it does have to be another bibical romp) that set the tone for Raiders and I'm there.

: - Glark

: P.S. Hi there Northy, long time no see.

Yeah, it's been a while. Although I've checked out your hilarious Star Wars Farts page as well as Wing Chun's hissy fit site. Very cool stuff!

Boy, you hit it right on the head about Indy 4, too. Raiders had a serious feel that the others somehow lacked. The Ark was SCARY, it was so mysterious and powerful. It would be great if they could recapture the classic feel of that perfect movie. Still, characters change as sequels are made, and Indy will probably never be quite the same as he was back then, when we were first introduced to him as a character. I enjoy the comedic elements of Last Crusade, but that was more of a fun adventure film, not quite the quest against evil Henry Sr. said it was. In Raiders we had a strong villain in Belloq - an equal match for Indy. And Marion was of course the most realistic female of the trilogy, and the one that had the most entertaining relationship with Indy as well. I won't say the sequels sucked - far from it! I think Indy is probably the best film series ever, when you get right down to it. I would just love to see a return to the elements that made the first film so memorable, if that is at all possible this late in the series. It would make a nice "full circle" way of ending the screen adventures of Indiana Jones. Sorry if that was a bit rambling... :)

-Northy-

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]