David Morgan Whip Answers

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by D.Borton from FLNTA010-0828.splitrock.net on March 21, 2000 at 22:42:36:

In Reply to: David Morgan Whip Question posted by Matt Walker on March 21, 2000 at 17:56:56:

: How do I know which side is the belly of my whip? I am always supposed to keep that side facing down? What happens if I dont? any info would be appreciated.

: Matt

Matt, are you referring to the curve of the whip? I think your referring to the natural curve of the whip’s belly, not the actual belly or core itself. Every whip has a natural curve or bend in the thong based on the natural tightness and looseness of the plaiting. Its part of the whips design and effects the whips behavior. To find this bend, hold the whip out in front of you and turn the handle slowly. You will eventually find a position where the thong rests more naturally and lines up straighter with the handle, as opposed to veering to the left or right. That’s the curve you want the whip to follow.

Its important to utilize the whips natural curve as it will help to increase the flow and accuracy of the whip when it’s thrown. Weather you work the whip with the curve up or down is basically up to you and differs depending on whom you talk to and what works best for your style. If you don’t utilize the curve, you’re basically causing the whip to work against itself, which is going to take away from its efficiency and effectiveness and accuracy. For example causing the whip to crack to the left or right of the desired target. Hope this helps

Dan

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]