SCOTSMEN

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Istabraq from taurus6.uk.ihost.com on March 22, 2000 at 09:04:26:

In Reply to: Indiana Jones IV! It'll never be as good as we want! posted by Hannibal King on March 22, 2000 at 08:47:14:

: Hey,

: I've re-read the Tomb of Ice script and do like it. However, it seemed "lacking" when you may consider if it were real then would it be a bit anti-climactic for the final Indy film. This is not a criticism on the treatment or anything but of all the Indy scripts that I've read - and that's most of them. Then none of them feel as if they would fulfil the potential of the final Indiana Jones movie. None of them are important enough. And that worries me slightly, I personally am building myself up for a cracking film. I know that whatever they do, if it's of much the same quality than the other 3 then I'll be happy. I don't want another Phantom Menace situation where it's coming out on video next month and I'm debating whether or not to buy it as it wasn't a great film. I want Indy 4 to be excellent. I want exciting, fun, well made, I want everything and am not sure that I'll get it. I also know that after Indy IV I'll want Indy V. And then Indy VI. Let's face it - there are shitloads of adventures left tyo be told.

: It's bizarre that a character can become such a part of cultural conciousness in the space of three films! I mean, he's not particularly original, in fact he's pretty much derivative but still Indy stands above all of his competitors.

: The truth is if Indy IV does happen that'll be it, but then what do we do. The big three may decide to make another Indy film after that but let's face it they probably won't. So what happens then?

: Indy IV'll be great news if they start filming it. However, for most of us here can it be anything other than an anticlimax?

: Thoughts please

:
: Seeya Hannibal

: p.s in response to an earlier e-mail, I'm fiercely Scottish!!!!!

Great result for East Fife last night,keeps them in touch with the top
3.Promotion's now a distinct possibility. Nice one Mr. Robertson.

p.s. Does anyone think Queen of the South can avoid relegation?I think they've got a fighting chance now that they're only 3 points behind Stenhousemuir.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]