Re: Indiana Jones IV! It'll never be as good as we want!

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by J from n098h025.remote.mun.ca on March 22, 2000 at 15:23:38:

In Reply to: Indiana Jones IV! It'll never be as good as we want! posted by Hannibal King on March 22, 2000 at 08:47:14:

I think the hardest job for "Indiana Jones IV" will be to please everyone. I see the possibilty of a very "Phantom Menace"-like reaction. With "TPM", some people (like myself. I reserved my copy LONG ago!) LOVED it and it was everything they hoped for. Others felt majorly let down by it (like you seem to be). I'd say much will be the case for "Indy IV". No matter what, there will be some people who will feel like the whole wait was for nothing.

That's because after the long absence, everyone has their own ideas on what the "Final Indiana Jones" movie should be. Some will want it to be a culmination of the past films (with Marion and Indy's father returning) into one last adventure, while others will want simply a whole new adventure keeping the tradition of only making passing references to the others.

Personally, I just hope the series stays true to itself. I'll accept nearly any story (although, I'd love to see Connery back again) as long as its done well.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]