A song and dance number LOL (NM)

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Kent who hates is computer because it freezes up Allard from dial178.insolwwb.net on March 22, 2000 at 16:51:24:

In Reply to: Can this movies be purchased anywhere?(nm) posted by Steve on March 22, 2000 at 16:16:04:

: : I was surprised by the similarities between secret of the incas and indy. (thanks again MK).
: : I've always been a big Charlton Heston fan, and Harry Steele in Secret of the Incas could practically be Indy's long lost older brother. He dresses similarly (leather bomber jacket, fedora-esque hat, revolver), has the same attitude as indy does in temple of doom, and at the end undergoes a conversion and gives the precious artifact back to the poor villagers who worship it.
: : There's even an evil treasure hunter battling him.

: : The movie doesn't feel too dated even though the budget couldn't have been that large. Rather stunning cinematography at times, well worth seeing although it hasn't been released on video, ever. Heston is callous and so much of a "man's man" it practically could be used as the archetype.

: : Three problems, I missed much because of the unavailability of a vhs or dvd format, the song and dance number with the incas (i fast forwarded even on the first viewing, only five minutes long though), and the lack of a long, drawn out chase scene a la the truck scene in raiders.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]