Tom Green and the References of Terror

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Shaggy from cx643543-a.msnv1.occa.home.com on March 22, 2000 at 18:57:26:

Anybody else notice all the Star Wars and Indiana Jones references on the Tom Green show? I was watching a collection of his shows earlier, and could make out the following qoutes:

"Why is floor crunchy, Doctor Jones?" (In a fake scene in the middle of a street where he's walking on glass)
"AGH! IT'S A BOULDER COMING TOWARDS US! AND IT'S MADE OF WARM JELLO! RUN! RUN! RUN!" (???)
"Who do I look more like with this thing on (a cardboard box for a hat): Han Solo or Indiana Jones?"
"You must choose... but choose wisely." (Reference to a bunch of shot glasses, one filled with urin, the others with scotch.)
"I'm Belloq. See? I'm French. FRENCH PEOPLE ARE EVIL! HAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!" (Reference to him being Canadian or French.)
"Who'd win in a fight: Me or Short Round?" (to Monica Lewinsky)
"Hmm... I wonder what the Ark of the Covenant tastes like... I bet it's got chocolate inside." (Watching a movie with Glen Humplick, probably Raiders)
"As you can surely see, there's nothing that you can have that I can't take away." (To Glenn, regarding a condom)
"I can melt Nazis with my mind." (Same convo)
"I wish I had a whip right now! Just like Indiana Jones! I'D MAKE YOU PAY! YEAH, BUDDY!" (Bubba character yelling at a hotel manager who just kicked him out)
"I f*cking hate Lara Croft." (Last words spoken in the show.)

I'm sure that there's more. I think that just like Seinfeld had to have a Superman reference in every show, Tom seems to have a IJ/SW reference in every third sketch. I'm gonna start watching more often.

-Shaggy

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]