Re: PARAMOUNT/DREAMWORKS/LUCASFILMS

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Adam from mw-204-80-123-10.metawire.com on July 06, 1998 at 11:35:00:

In Reply to: PARAMOUNT/DREAMWORKS/LUCASFILMS posted by Jawad on July 06, 1998 at 03:36:22:

: People have been disagreeing with me that how INDY IV will be by PARAMOUNT/LUCASFILM. Well, Spielberg is not directing anything that is non-DreamWorks. Except for MEMOIRS OF A GEISHA, his next project by COLUMBIA because its a low-low-budget movie

I'm sorry to sound rude, but this is the biggest crock I've heard in quite awhile. Spielberg has NEVER stated that he will only direct DREAMWORKS projects, and he -- and the DREAMWORKS reps -- have stated several times to the press that Spielberg will NOT EXCLUSIVELY direct for Dreamworks. Both he and Robert Zemekis -- also recently attached to the studio -- can work on projects elsewhere.

Jeez, doesn't ANYBODY know what they're talking about -- or at least read the trades before posting dopey little claims like this?

Anyway, a fourth INDY outing will surely be under the Paramount banner. Lucasfilm will helm the production, whilst Paramount the distribution. Though it is possible that Dreamworks MAY work in a similar association, the idea that the project would have to be exclusively Dreamworks is pretty silly.

"Any of you guys ever go to Sunday School?"

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]