Look, no offense! No offense at all. I

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Shishak from spider-wp042.proxy.aol.com on March 23, 2000 at 17:12:33:

In Reply to: Is it just me, or... posted by Shishak on March 23, 2000 at 17:08:40:

: Hey, why does it seem like this forum has been so dead lately? I mean, it seems like we don't discuss the movies themselves as much anymore, and that most of the posts center around IndyGear or other collector-related topics. Not that I have a problem with these topics, but it seems like we're not as enthusiastic about the Indy movies anymore, because we've seen them so many times and can't find many new things in them.

: I don't know. It's weird. I haven't posted a message in quite some time now, because I can't really think of anything new to say. It seems like everyone has felt that way for the past couple of week(coincidence?). It's like something new has to HAPPEN in order to be discussed here now, such as rumors of DVD releases, soundtrack releases and receiving new items from IndyGear.

: Could it be possible that we subconsciously feel we've already said everything we can think of about the Indy movies? I don't know. Maybe we all just moved too fast in acknowledging and discussing things concerning the three films, so now there's not much more to think of or discuss.

: It also seems that taking a break from Indy helps some times. I was a rabid Indy fan about five or six years ago, but there have been periods between then and now in which I sort of strayed away. But usually when I resume, I can find hundreds of new things from the films and just about Indiana Jones in general that I can think of and discuss. Who knows. Maybe taking breaks occasionally is the answer. But you always eventually find yourself saying, "Indiana Jones. Always knew someday you'd come walkin' back through my door...."

: Hey, just a thought!!

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]