Re: Got my Miller!

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Steve from ppp-142.COL.cableone.net on March 23, 2000 at 20:12:38:

In Reply to: Got my Miller! posted by 28 yr.old Indy on March 23, 2000 at 19:58:34:

: Hey Youall.....,I got my Miller fedora today by ups! It took about a week,which kinda suprised me a bit.I got tired of waiting for my HJ and I didn't want to be hatless for too long.Anyway,I got the Indiana Miller fedora.After doing a reshaping and a little trim work,it meets my specs of a near lookalike of the one in the films.One problem that I have is,the liner on the inside of the hat fell out when I got it wet.Anyone know how to reattach it back? It seems like it may have been slightly glued in place under the sweatband.

A little dab of Elmers glue will do the trick, or you can use hot glue. I agree with you that this hat is pretty accurate, it is the most accurate I have seen so far. I didn't use a drop of water on my second Miller. I fashioned it in the TOD style-dry, and it turned out great. This hat really really shrinks. I discovered this fact with my first Miller, and so decided not to use it on the second. I did have to steam iron the brim though, to get that god awful cup of a brim into a reasonable facsimile. I am convinced that properly styled, this hat is as close as it gets. regards, Steve

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]