my e-filmclass for Lucas and Spielburg-Slow it down!

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by 3k$ from dialup-166.90.33.130.SanFrancisco1.Level3.net on March 24, 2000 at 18:55:29:

I've watched Raiders 100 times or more but I have only seen TOD and LC once each. I walked out of the theatre feeling good about the last two but I squirmed through both. One thing that made Raiders great were the quiet, reflective moments all through the film. Here are some- The whole,slow,nearly wordless opening sequences- Marion sees Indys shadow on the wall and just stares at it for a few long moments- Indy worldessly walks by Marion, pauses at the door and leaves-Marion puts the money in the cigar box,sits down, and contemplates the headpiece-Indy enjoys the sight of Marion and the monkey-Indy and Marion enjoying a casual stroll through Cairo- Indy sitting -thinking- drinking after he thinks Marion is dead-and another hundred smaller moments----These breaks gave us time to get close to the characters, and the leather, furfelt, satin, wood, blued steel, and slow paced feel of 1936. No more whacky wild cartoons guys-thanks

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]