Raiders of the Lost Ark Soundtrack

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by IndiananJones from wm99-1-p41.warwick.net on March 25, 2000 at 10:39:19:

Well, last night I went out to see Erin Brockovich, starring Julia Roberts. What does this have to do with Indiana Jones? Well, I had to wait an hour to see the movie, so I went to the mall. Low and Behold I found the Raiders of the Lost Ark Collectors Edition Soundtrack. I've been looking everywhere for this! The only places I've seen it is in the Star Wars Insider, LucasFilm Fan Club, and Ebay. Well I didn't hesitate and bought Record Town's only copy. I must say it is quite amazing to hear all the scores from the film and piece together the scenes that correspond. It also facinates me that John Williams scored each scene perfectly, each instrument has a specific purpose in adding to the suspence and mystique of First Installment of the Jones trilogy. Certain songs have notes that are present to give the feeling of the scene. One obvious examples is in the song "In the Idols Temple" where the spiders are climbing all over Jones and his aid. The strings are plucked in such a manner to give you the feeling of spider legs crawling about the place. I've always known that music aids the story and atmosphere of a movie, but this cd (probably my 20th soundtrack) really put the importance of a musical aid and proper scoring into perspective. I would suggest all fans of the Indiana Jones movies to pick this cd up. It includes a 24 page color booklet with photos, production scetches, and interviews all detailing the Raiders musical experience.

IndianaJones

P.S.
I know this sounded like a commercial, but I really don't get anything from DCC Compact Classics. I am thoroughly enthused about this purchase. It is now part of my vast Star Wars/Indiana Jones/Lucasfilm LTD. Collection. I hope you all consider this purchase and enjoy it as much as I am.

"Fortune and Glory, kid. Fortune and Glory."

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]