Before I go, a humorous take on Spielburg's recent comments:

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Moribundman from fides.ulcc.wwwcache.ja.net on March 25, 2000 at 21:15:55:

The literal Altavista translation of the "Indy will return" interview (not very accurite...) Transcript follows:

FROM OUR ENVOY DLOS ANGELES

andomi this prize to the career decided from my colleagues, Francis Coppola has called me " master ", in Italian. Not credetegli: I feel one student of cinema and I say to you that we will be and work to along with, after this year of closing for our cinema ".

It has tried to mask the commozione, saturday evening to the Century Plaza, Steven Spielberg receiving the acknowledgment to the career of director datogli from the Directors Guild, the mayoralty of the USA directors whom the old one has gathered together and the new cinema of Hollywood. Then it has dried the tears and it has said: " In this new deal of the cinema, than it makes to feel a great family us where who is not young can learn from the boys, I say thanks to you ".

After the operation that has it private of a kidney to February half and the alarm on its health, this evening was its more important and official apparition. Fifteen minuteren of applauses for a standing ovation that he seemed interminable have embraced Spielberg and also the presentatore of the festivity, the director Carl Reiner, has been affected, while the actors of five films in competition introduced the directors of the films: Cameron Diaz for " Being John Malkovich ", Annette Bening for " American Beauty ", Russell Crowe for " Insider ", Michael Clarke Duncan for " the green mile " and the Haley small Joel Osment of " the sixth sense ". Also Spielberg like producer, to that point, has withheld the breath. Then he has rewarded " the its " Sam Mendes for " American Beauty ".

Behind the scenes, Steven has joked with Coppola, that she seemed volerlo protect. " I have too many plans in order to lose time. We will launch to days kolossal " the Gladiator " of Ridley Scott and the film of animation " El Dorado " ".

The past year competed Benign between the directors. This year they are all film authors Americans. What ne thinks? " One foolish controversy. Sam Mendes is English, the director of " sixth sixth ", M.N. Shyamalan, is Indian ". Smettiamola with the barriers, that they hide interests. The talents are prevailed without nationality ".

With the prize between the hands, next to which masters it is thinking? " the idea that renders Me sad Kubrick is not to its computer, to London, to seguirci. Me dispiace that its film is absent from the nomination: every time that has created a work, Stanley has reinventato for all we that we work in its shadow. Then task to Kurosawa, Welles, Robert Wise that is with we this evening here, Truffaut, Coppola, Allen, De Sica, Wilder. They are my preferred ones ".

Some have accused " American Beauty " of cynicism. " for the Oscar there compete films that speak with hardness and poetry today, like " Insider ", and works that watch to our history, like " the green mile ". I have chosen Mendes in the first place because me he seemed that he painted every real and magical moment, also in the suffering of the life ".

It has intentional to create its study, the Dreamworks. Why? " Because they are a boy to which to times he appeals to to age and the others much less. Therefore I try, and he demonstrates " American to it Beauty ", young people authors launch ".

When he goes to the cinema with its seven sons, than what he says they, inasmuch as its moglie asserts that to house your end from the breakfast is spoken about cinema? " For the truth, every day I must endure the question: " When turns, papà, a new Indiana Jones "? This evening I make one promised: Indiana Jones is in order to return ".

Giovanna Fat

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]