All Forum Members Please Read:

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by RaiderOfTheArk from ABD9FD5F.ipt.aol.com on March 25, 2000 at 23:09:27:

In an effort to help fellow indy fans, and in direct result of what I felt and still feel are too high prices, I have been offering whipholders, gun belts, and Mk7 bags, and Mk7 bags with the appropriate leather strap. I have offerred these items to you guys, because I myself know how it feels to finally find that item for your collection you are looking for, only to be disspaointed at either it's high price or inaccuracy.
Unfortunately, as a result of this venture a problem has arisen. It seems that certain forum regulars, object to this. People whom I had considered friends, and whom I have known for years, have suddenly and maliciously it seems decided that I am either treading their turf, or by selling at lower prices pissing off the powers that be. (I wont name names but I am sure you guys know who they are)
I started to offer these goods with one goal in mind, to make sure any indy fan could have the gear, regardless of income. I offer items that are in a realistic price range I feel, and accesible to even younger indy fans whose incomes consist of allowances and odds and ends. I truly am not in it for profit, if I were i think i would have better business sense than to offer items for so cheap.
Now it seems, peopl whom were once friends have labeled me a dealer. That is actually funny considering that I only make enough on each item to pay for trainfare to get more for you guys. And being as I rashly posted shipping included, that doesnt really leave a lot of leeway, and I have actually mailed stuff out of my own meager pockets. But it's worth it, when I get emails from you guys saying how happy you are, or how amazing it is to find this stuff and not pay thru the nose. Or as I alluded to before, "finally a place where I can save my allowance and get a cool collectable"
It is emails and responses like that, which made it worth while, and more importantly made it fun. However as they say all good things must come to an end, and in an essence I think it has.
As I stated in a post a few days ago I have over 100 Mk7 bags at my disposal. And I have heard that It's a goldmine, because no one else has them. But It was not gold I wanted, nor did I make...I only wanted everyone to have the chance to get one. And I aso have the appropriate leather straps. After selling them dirt cheap, and reaping a big fat zero for my efforts, and attracting negativity for doing so has prompted me to do trades only. Which considering my lack of interest in most items other than gear itself pretty much means, the lot of you will not have anything I want. This will probably exclude most of you from ever owning a bag and strap or gunbelt unless you're willing to pay a high price, the same prices i undermined to give everybody the chance to have one. But you guys can thank the wonderful representative of indy gear who spoiled it for everybody.

Regards,
RaiderOfTheArk

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL: