Re: Just how "cannon" are the Indy novels in your opinion?

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Indiana James (Lambert) from Port7.westworld.ca on March 26, 2000 at 00:19:10:

In Reply to: Just how "cannon" are the Indy novels in your opinion? posted by Jonesy on March 25, 2000 at 15:26:18:

: So I decided to re-read all of the Indy novels that have to date been published that I own under the bantam licence, and I was wondering how much much you, my fellow, Indy fans think of how Cannon these novels are? I mean, the first book PERIL AT DELPHI emerged long
: before the debut of YIJC, and as one continues reading the book
: in sequence, alot of inconsistencies emerge, whom do you believe?
: How cannon do you think all these books are?

: Just curious,

: Regards,

: Jonesy

I used to consider the novels cannon to the extreme, but after I saw YIJC and realized just how much the novels contradict the series (only once it was mentioned in Caiden's "Sky Pirates" that Indy served in the Belgian Army). The novels are well written (with the exception of Caiden's insolence) but they fail to include Marion in 1925 (although one of the MacGregor's had a Young Indy "flashback" where Marion punches Indy but that was very brief). Also, in "IJ & the Genesis Deluge" Indy meets Al Capone in Prohibition-era Chicago but it fails to mention Indy's previous run-in with Capone in 1920 in "YIJ and the Mystery of the Blues"! Of course I could go on forever with many grievances, but perhaps I should stop squabbling right here. :)

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]