I thought the books were generally awful...

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Salisbury from du-001-0188.freeuk.com on March 26, 2000 at 09:17:54:

In Reply to: Once again, in defense of Caidin, especially in praise of "Sky Pirates", and certainly the rest of the Indy novels! posted by Ultraman Tiga on March 26, 2000 at 03:47:00:

Mostly they were just boring - hardly any action at all. I got to the end of every one and just thought 'what a waste of time.'

The movies generally have something exciting happen every twenty minutes - but the novels seemed to ignore the fact that Indiana Jones is all about adventure and excitement.

The magical elements went just too far. In the films you get a bit of magic and thats OK - a bit weird. But the books (and computer games) just went nuts. The films set out a sort of world which was familiar with a little magic thrown in. Interior world, seven veils all that merlin crap was just rubbish.

I just managed to stomach seven veils till the end, but the ending just kicked me in the teeth. I mean there was a much better way to end that but Indy dies and gets saved by Merlin (or whatever). Come on!

I've read all the books and must say none of them were good novels, stories or good Indy lore.

I'm reading my first Clive Cussler book (Inca Gold) and thats got more action in the first 100 pages than any of the Indy books put together!

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]