Re: Well thanks very much...

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Steve from ppp-73.COL.cableone.net on March 27, 2000 at 12:47:16:

In Reply to: Re: Well thanks very much... posted by Indiana Rone on March 27, 2000 at 12:40:39:

: : : Groan ... why did somebody have to do the "how old are we all here?" thing ... (and why did I have to go look at the replies?) I feel ancient. So old in fact I'm not actually gonna admit HOW old ... lets just say I got "into" Indy about as long ago as the average person's age in this forum ...you have to admit Indy's got staying power!

: : There's a few of us old codgers around here. I am 48 and have been an Indy fan since the first movie. There was just "something" about the movies that tweaked my interest, and this is rather strange for me because I am not in the habit of liking particular movies to the point of acquiring garb worn by the main character, and then wearing some of it as everyday attire. To answer your next post, I wear my fedoras everyday. I have recently acquired a Wested Raiders jacket, and wear the hat and jacket together, although I will say they are worn with jeans and flannel shirts. I feel comfortable doing this, but would never wear the complete outfit in public. I can only go so far in my obsession. I have always worn hats, even before the Indy thing, but they were not fedoras. And I have always owned an A-2 jacket, so the transition for me was simply a matter of changing from an outback hat and A-2 to a fedora and a Wested. I don't feel comfortable wearing anything else. regards, Steve

: Hi Steve, thanks for the reply, I'm 35 this summer does that me an old codger then ! I know what you're saying about how the Indy movies have a habit of grabbing you, Raiders grabbed me as an impressionable 16 y/o and it hasn't let go yet. Nothing comes close to Indy!

: Cheers too for the clothing info, did you get your latest fedora from a regular store or is it a "genuine" Indy article?

: Toodle pip

:

My latest fedora is from Miller Hats, and is fairly accurate in looks and color. And really, I don't know what a genuine fedora would be. Some would say one of Hebert Johnson's Poets, modified of course, although it seems even this hat has changed over time. But anyway, glad to have you here. regards, Steve

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]