Re: What's everybody's opinion?...

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Indiana James from gateway1.wachovia.com on March 27, 2000 at 16:41:02:

In Reply to: What's everybody's opinion?... posted by The Jam on March 27, 2000 at 15:47:49:

: Hey everyone. I've decided to take the plunge and buy a Wested. Should I get the pre-distressed version or the "brand-new" version? Does this make any difference to longevity or quality? What version does everyone prefer?

Jam, I do not own a Wested yet, but I will be making the plunge myself this summer. I have read as much as I can on the jackets through this website and others. From what I have learned, the best thing to get is a new finish, cotton lined, zippered inside left pocket, jacket. I've heard that sometimes Wested fades the jackets beyond a person's liking when they order pre-distressed. Also, the satin lining tends to show wear faster than cotton and is uncomfortable in hot weather. The zippered inside left pocket is supposed to hold the shape of the pocket better than one without.

The "Raiders" version is the most popular. Never tell Wested to rush or hurry the order or the stitching could be less than perfect.

Call Wested on the telephone with your order instead of emailing. (Previously, a person commented that their CC had been charged twice when they emailed.) This will eliminate confusion AND speed up the process. When you call, have your height, weight, chest, neck size, sleeve length, etc. ready.

I think those are all the things I've learned about the jacket. The company's work ethic and quality is second to none. This is probably one of the finest leather jackets made. I'm really excited about ordering one this summer. Let us all know how long it takes and what you think!

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]