Re: whip holder question

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Don from cras18p15.navix.net on March 27, 2000 at 22:35:51:

In Reply to: whip holder question posted by 28 yr.old Indy on March 27, 2000 at 22:05:29:

: I have the Noel Howard raiders version whip holder. All this consists of is a 1" piece of leather, which is attached to the gun belt, with 1 snap to secure the whip in place. This does not work, especially when running or sitting down, in which case, it pops free and falls to the ground. How did Harrison keep it so tight to his side and readilly accessable to quickly use when needed? Anyone have any sollutions to this problem? I added another snap to it, but it still falls out to easilly. Please give me some ideas. Thanks!

You might have to have it custom made to fit your whip. I had a whip holder made by a local shoemaker and it works just fine. Every one in a while the whip does uncoil, but not that often. I have also used another device that is somewhat hard to explain. I took a strap from a bookbag. The strap works as a belt and the clip at the end can be wrapped around the coiled whip and clipped on to the strap itself (I hope this makes sense). The whole contraption sinches down pretty tight and holds the whip in place. However, the draw back here is that it takes two hands to release the whip. I have used several devices for whip retention. Customization is key. A strap that is too loose will allow the whip to uncoil and one that is too tight will snap open. Hope this helps.

Regards

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]