Re: Hi...I'm new here!

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Indiana James from gateway1.wachovia.com on March 28, 2000 at 17:00:59:

In Reply to: Re: Hi...I'm new here! posted by Michaelson on March 28, 2000 at 13:46:42:

: : Hey everyone! I'm new to this site, so unless anyone has any objections, I'll be Dr. Tyree ("If you're looking for truth, Dr. Tyree's philosophy class is down the hall.") I just ordered my undistressed Raiders Wested, a 10' David Morgan, and found a shop near my house that sells Aldens for $160!! I guess I'm well on my way, after quite a while of saving my pennies! One thing that concerns me, if someone can help me out... I sent Peter a money order for my jacket... will this delay things? Will Peter e-mail me if I owe him an additional $10 for processing my "foreign order?" I know that Wested is a very honest company, but one can't help but worry when they're waiting for their Indy gear!

: Hello, and welcome. It sounds like you're well on your way to a nice collection, my friend. Good price on those Aldens, too! If you just sent a standard mo to Peter, there's a real good chance that you may have to pay that additional cost of monies, due to the foreign money transfer. When I ordered, I sent a two party bank check with my name as one party, Wested Leather as the other. When I mailed it, I endorsed the check, and then all Peter had to do was endorse it when it arrived and deposited it to their account. I did not incur a transfer cost that way, and it was almost as good as a traveler's check transaction. Give Peter a call and see if you will have to pay the extra, as it may also depend on exactly WHAT you sent him money order wise. Once again, glad you're here, and hope to talk to you again soon! Regards. Michaelson

Michaelson, Is your method of payment better that paying by credit card? Do you avoid the currency exchange charge that way? Thanks!

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]