If there's a new Indy, I almost hope he's more of an anti-hero, like Temple of Doom.

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by California Mike from 209-21-33-166.dialup.microweb.net on March 28, 2000 at 22:02:16:

My indy-fandom goes in stages. For a long time Temple of Doom was my favorite, then the Last Crusade, now for the last three or four years Raiders.

While I think Raiders is the best of the series and will probably remain my favorite, I'm starting once again to like Indiana Jones more as the fortune hunting "fame and glory" type we saw in temple of doom.

The unending naivete and almost too nice persona of Sean patrick Flannery in young indiana jones is adding to this feeling.

In my current mood I find myself hoping that in the fourth movie we see an Indy who is getting tired of saving the world and has become disenfranchised with idealism. That to me would be better than having him continue where last crusade left off, in which he has wholeheartedly taken up the mantle of world savior.

Or even, a new young indy movie in which we see the transition between the idealistic sean patrick flannery indy and the treasure hunting temple of doom indy. Something real nasty must have happened! Maybe Marion...hmm...what a plot line!

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]