Appreciate that

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Michaelson from 150.182.1.47 on March 29, 2000 at 12:03:39:

In Reply to: Re: Good question posted by Indiana James on March 29, 2000 at 08:03:46:

:
: : : : Hello, and welcome. It sounds like you're well on your way to a nice collection, my friend. Good price on those Aldens, too! If you just sent a standard mo to Peter, there's a real good chance that you may have to pay that additional cost of monies, due to the foreign money transfer. When I ordered, I sent a two party bank check with my name as one party, Wested Leather as the other. When I mailed it, I endorsed the check, and then all Peter had to do was endorse it when it arrived and deposited it to their account. I did not incur a transfer cost that way, and it was almost as good as a traveler's check transaction. Give Peter a call and see if you will have to pay the extra, as it may also depend on exactly WHAT you sent him money order wise. Once again, glad you're here, and hope to talk to you again soon! Regards. Michaelson

: : : Michaelson, Is your method of payment better that paying by credit card? Do you avoid the currency exchange charge that way? Thanks!

: : I'm really not sure, and I'm not trying to dodge the question either. I have have personally only used the above mentioned check method, and never even gave the credit card ordering a try. I've read good reports, and horror stories regarding the credit card ordering, so I'm really not one to answer this one. If old Patterson is around, he can probably answer this one better, as he's ordered quite a few himself. REgards. Michaelson

: I am a banker so I'm always looking to save money. I know you will save money paying in pounds rather that dollars because when Wested qoutes a price in dollars they add in some exchange rate risk. I should find out today how to pay in pounds. I'll let you guys know what I find out. Might save us some money!

The problem I have, and maybe others too, is that when you live in the backwater, local banks and credit unions look at you like you have two heads when you make a request for this kind of transaction. I mean, what in the world would anyone want a conversion from dollars to pounds in Southern Tennessee??!! That's why I went the way I did, and it didn't cost me a dime extra, as it was a service of my credit union. Anything you can add will be MOST appreciated. Regards. Michaelson

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]