But the larger brim size is the correct size!

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Steve from ppp-114.COL.cableone.net on March 30, 2000 at 18:26:04:

In Reply to: Re: Stetson Nostalgia vs UN-bashed Indiana Miller posted by MF on March 30, 2000 at 18:14:53:

: Gotta throw in the the Miller fans here.

: I now have three Indy Millers (I wear hats daily). My *ONLY* gripe is the brim. I find it is just too wide. Luckily I'm good with the sharp(!) scissors and sandpaper, so it's good.

: Like some others, I'd ordered a smaller brim size on my last order, but still got the largest (2 3/4") sent to me. I'll attribute that to asking them to rush it to me, so I'll let it slide.

: I have two pre-bashed and one unabashed. The pre-bashed I gave the nice Raiders "razor" pinch to and they look sharp (except for the one that had an encounter with a car door -- it's now my rainy-day hat ;-))

: The unabashed was awesome. Just a little denting on the side gave it the softer shape and high crown appearance. I'd prefer if the front of the brim were rolled better, but I'll take care of that.

: I gotta say I really like the Indy Millers. Heck, I oughtta to own this many and, yep, I'll probably get another or two.

: One of these days I'll order an HJ *if* I ever hear a story of someone actually receiving one! ;-)

: In the meantime, I'll get miles out of my Millers. (Wish they made one in black!)

: // mf

I am just curious, why do you think the 2 3/4 is too large? Supposedly the fedora that Indy wore was a 2 3/4 brim cut down on the sides to either 2 5/8 or 2 1/2. My first Miller came in the 2 1/2 brim size, and it doesn't look right. My next one was the 2 3/4 and after I cut down the sides, it looked pretty close to the hat in the films. I am going to order another one since they are on sale now at 20% off, and use my 2 1/2 brimmed hat for rainy days. Regards, Steve

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]