I GUESS I'LL HAVE TO BE THE ONE TO SUPPORT THE NOSTALGIA!!!

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by S William from 104-92.pm4-1.chambersburg.supernet.com on March 30, 2000 at 20:08:30:

In Reply to: Stetson Nostalgia vs UN-bashed Indiana Miller posted by Reggie on March 30, 2000 at 00:00:06:

Sorry for shouting, but I had to get your attention. I own the Stetson Nostalgia, and I've even written Steve about it. I've owned it for about two months now, and have worn it in snow and rain and even got it wet to shape it. I've never treated it, and it hasn't shrunk one bit.

The open crown height is 5 5/8, and the brim is 2 3/4 ( I cut the sides down to 2 1/2). The front dented is 5" the sides at highest point is 5 " and the back (lowest at center dent) is 4 ". I changed the ribbon from the 1 3/4 crossgrain to a 1 1/2 crossgrain ribbon (dark brown almost black) I got off an older hat. The hat is cheaper than the Indy Miller, and by what I gather from all of you it is pretty close if not identical as well.

I bought it just two months ago from Miller hats for $95 (just before the Indy Miller became a hot item), and I love it. Once I get some time, and a scanner, I would love to send photos to Indiana John so he can update the Nostalgia pictures, because my Nostalgia isn't as dark as what the current picture shows (that also could be due to lighting, and grade of photo).

One other thing, I get complimented on it all the time. At work my nickname is "Indy". The past two weekends with USA showing Indy all the time has made even more people realize what my interest is. Sorry for yelling, but this was my two cents.

Sincerely,

S William

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL: