Re: If you get a good size they don't easily come off...Read more...

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Cuyahoga Boru from braveheart.mildenhall.af.mil on March 31, 2000 at 14:49:55:

In Reply to: Re: If you get a good size they don't easily come off...Read more... posted by Don on March 30, 2000 at 17:43:21:

: : : Wow...I had forgotten that Ford actually stapled his trusty fedora to his head to keep it in place during intense scenes. I had heard that somewhere else before, but I had forgotten about it. Hey guys with fedoras (I don't have one YET), are they easy to come off while running, etc.?

: : I have ran with it and it wont come off. I guess if you go on a windy day it might fly off your head and also send you in flight...to catch it. On a bicycle, I rode about 15 mph with no problem. That was on a very still day. I don't know how Indy kept his hat on while riding the motorcycle in LC. It should have flown off of his head.

: Size is critical. My fedora was custom fitted to my head by the man who made it. I have fallen down rock outcrops and faced some pretty gusty winds (40 mph +) and it has never come off.
: Quality is key.

: Regards

I have to agree with Don. I've worn mine in 40+ mph winds also and never lost it yet. Size is the key.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]