How about Indy playing Indy?

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Rob Roy from ws-209-78-118-170.lyonlyon.com on July 07, 1998 at 10:19:38:

In Reply to: Re: Indy without Ford posted by IJFan on July 07, 1998 at 08:15:09:

I've said it before and I'll say it again. The essence of any character exists within their traits, their mannerisms, their actions. Since a character on screen or in a book only comes to life when we read the words or watch an actor portray them, any portrayal of that character takes on the form of the person speaking or acting. Laurence Olivier as Hamlet. Mel Gibson as Hamlet. Bela Lugosi as Dracula. Gary Oldman as Dracula. Mom as the voice of The Little Engine That Could. Dad as the voice of The Little Engine That Could. It doesn't matter if one character depiction is better than another. Of course that's going to happen. But having different actors portray the same charcter gives us the equivalent of seeing the character from different and fresh angles. No one should feel their illusion is shattered because Harrison Ford isn't up on the screen. Thsi topic has come up quite a few times since I've been posting here. In fact my first post (Tarred and Feathered in vault 5) asked the question of who could play him. Every time I see it, no one is willing to give an answer. Everyone plays it safe by suggesting no one or SPF. I want some honest, well thought suggestions to Sandbagger's question. I've already posted mine.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]