The reason the Crusade jacket has a large collar!

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Scotty from chiac.eee.strath.ac.uk on July 07, 1998 at 12:01:35:

Hi Folks

Having seen numerous posts on this forum regarding the differences in the Wested Jacket across the three movies, and in particular much speculation as too why the collar on the Last Crusade jacket is a lot bigger than it’s illustrious predecessors, I thought some of you might be interested in the following.

Last week I visited Wested Leather in London, with a view to picking up some cans of dressing for my good friend Michaelson. Little did I realise that I would have the pleasure of meeting Peter Botwright himself, creator of the much loved Raiders jacket. Among the many fascinating things that Peter told me, was that when the call came in to produce jackets for the Last Crusade, Wested couldn’t locate the original patterns. Having made the jackets before they were able to construct them from memory, but as many fans have noticed slight differences crept in, the most noticeable being the larger collar size. The patterns turned up later on but by then the jackets had been produced. So there you have it, the reason the Last Crusade jacket is slightly different. I hope that as Prof. Jones might say we’ve each found some “illumination” with regard to this topic.

People can I take this opportunity to say that Peter is without doubt one of the kindest and most generous people I have ever met. Can you believe that he ended up spending close to 35 minutes with me discussing and showing me his work, in addition to giving me a look round his facility. Amongst the many film projects that Peter is currently working on is the new Star Wars Trilogy, much of which is being shot at studios in England. Wow! what an experience, meeting Peter was an absolute pleasure and a quite unexpected treat.

Regards

Scotty

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL: