US Wings Jackets

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Anejo Joe from 252.greenville-03-04rs.sc.dial-access.att.net on April 01, 2000 at 10:06:05:

Last night I went to a meeting of the local chapter of War Birds, an organization dedicated to military aircraft, WW II in particular. It is a somewhat large affair. There were vendors selling replicated patches, jackets, etc. One was US Wings. I recognized David Hack from his web page, and made it a point to talk with him. He brought a number of sample jackets, most of which were had hand painted designs on then, which were duplicates of those worn by US pilots in WW II. There were an number of brands and materials. The painted jackets sold for around $700 + dollars. Non-painted is much less. I introduced myself and asked about the Indy Jackets. He looked a little surprised, then asked how I heard about it. Is said that I saw his web site. He then began telling me all about the jackets. He has cowhide and lamb skin. He says that he is officially licensed by Lucas Productions. He said that if you watch the video of Raiders, that is the exact jacket he sells. The way in which he said it made me think that he meant that it was made by the same manufacturer! Or at least that's what he wanted me to think. I didn't argue. Or question. But knowing what we know about Wested, and considering that Peter's price is really good, why would you ever buy an Indy jacket at a higher price? Hack said that his web business is really booming, and that the road trip to the War Birds meeting is the only one he makes. His VISA card machine did seem busy. As for his A2 jackets, they are good jackets, better that most. In the world of the A2, Eastman Leather in England makes what is considered the best copy of a WW II jacket. The correct material, cut, color, label and contract number, zipper manufacturer, etc. They are the Wested of the A2! I have a Willis & Geiger (can't get them any more), and it is close, but not exact. But it is closer than US Wings jackets. If he comes next year, I am going to ask him to bring some Indy jackets. I want to see firsthand what he sells.

PS: The latest thing is Kangaroo! See for yourself.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]