Re: Hats and Weather and all that wonderful stuff

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by INDY JONES from spider-wc021.proxy.aol.com on April 01, 2000 at 12:36:10:

In Reply to: Hats and Weather and all that wonderful stuff posted by JuggleEwok on April 01, 2000 at 12:10:26:

Dear Juggleork

I must say that there is really no hat that wont shrink in the snow or rain.
Heres the first pointer:
Indy Jones' hat was fur felt. There is totally no hat that wont shrink
that is made of fur felt.Rain hats, which are made of canvas, pretty much, are the things for snow or rain.Akruba made leather hats or those oilskin things that hold up to pretty much everything

Heres the second pointer
Do you ever notice that Indy Jones never takes his hat off after it has gotten wet? Like when its raining in Last Crusade and he goes through the window to rescue his dad. Well, notice that through the motorcycle ride he keeps it on. The trick to this is when u get a hat soaked or pretty much wet, let the hat stay on your head so that it wont shrink. Seriously, this does work. If the hat is drenched, you have to leave it on for a while. Pretty much until it is bone dry.
Even if u have had it on for a while and u think. Let me tell you...i did that with one and the thing shrunk. The best thing to do is, if u want to wear a hat in the rain, get a cheap one. Well, I hope this helps
Regards

INDY JONES

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL: