do i even dare say...?

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by nitzsche from 1Cust231.tnt1.slt2.da.uu.net on July 07, 1998 at 13:14:26:

In Reply to: Re: How about Indy playing Indy? Well, why not.... posted by Michaelson on July 07, 1998 at 11:00:32:

I might stand alone in this regard, but I felt Sean Patrick Flannery did an excellent job portraying Indiana Jones. Harrison Ford is an excellent 'finished product' of the character with a few minor developmental opportunities (Last Crusade), but Flannery had greater opportunity with the Young Indiana Jones Chronicles to deepen the character and find a well-rounded portrayal of Indy as he became what Harrison Ford portrays in the movies. Flannery did't do a mimic portrayal at all. His was given the opportunity to deepen the character considerably, giving us a solid backbone for the character. It didn't seem to me he was stepping on Ford's toes at all. When I watched YIJC, i felt is was Indy in those situations, with all the same quirks, not necessarily the same mannerisms--if you think about it, some of those mannerisms Ford has coined, he's used for other characters...different topic...

Anyway, I'm just saying I'm very optomistic about Indy IV; Harrison's age has no relevance in my mind--Indy is human, he ages and changes over time. I hope we get more solid confirmation of the 4th installment. It would also be great if they decided to continue the saga with Sean Patrick Flannery in earlier stories/adventures about his college days, Ravenwood and Marion, etc. There's so much they could pull off....

Thanks for listening

--nitzsche

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL: