in the words of indy himself"I dont belive in any superstitious hocus pocus"

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Kenneth. from 212.120.136.146 on April 01, 2000 at 17:39:09:

In Reply to: Animal Spirits posted by bud-arc on April 01, 2000 at 17:32:19:

: Hey, I always thought it was so cool that Indy had an animal spirit that helped him in some of his adventures. In fact, if there is ever an Indy 4, I'd like Spielberg to make some mention of this, as a sort of homage to the novels.
: Anyway, the REAL subject of this post is to ask you, the people, what you think your OWN animal spirit is. Keep in mind that we can't all have Eagles as our spirit guide, but every animal has its own cool, unique wisdom powers. Now, I'm no shaman, but I have done my homework, and read books, tried several visual exercises, and throughout my research, one animal has stood out for me: The Rabbit/Hare. Now don't laugh already! I really think this might be the one for me. Hey, how many people can honestly say that they've been BITTEN by a rabbit in their childhood. Not many. But I have had many brief encounters with rabbits, and they were even my favorite animals as a young'un. Well, most of the books listing the qualities of rabbits say that its wisdom is for procreation or nurturing, but I recently found a very cool website about Shamanism that attributes these qualities to Rabbit people:
: Guile
: Paradox and contradiction
: Living by one’s own wits
: Receiving hidden teachings and intuitive messages
: Quick-thinking
: Humility
: Moving through fear
: Strengthening intuition
: Very cool indeed! One day, I know one of these creatures will help me somehow, just like Indy's Eagle.
: Anyway, if you would like to verify the wisdom of certain animals, then go to the site listed at the bottom of this page.
: P.S. Just the other day, I was traveling and happened to look into a field on my right. And what do I see? A jackrabbit moving around the field! He almost seemed to look at me and say, "Hello, my brother," or something like that. Then he turned and left. Hmmmm.
: P.P.S. I'm not cuckoo. Really. Just try and find out your own animal guide...I really think it's worth it!

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]