Good info...

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Michaelson from 150.182.1.47 on April 02, 2000 at 13:54:21:

In Reply to: Aldens & Jawa Trader Jacket Info posted by Tyree on March 31, 2000 at 15:36:07:

: Anyone interested:
: Try going directly to Aldens website without using the IndyGear link...You should get a completely different website that will allow you to look up the closest store to where you live... according to the site, there are quite a few store internationally the sell Aldens... The store I had mentioned earlier where I bought my Aldens for $160 is as follows:

: Giesche Shoes
: 400 N. Main St.
: Glen Ellyn, Illinois, USA
: (630)469-2554

: I don't know if this shop will allow mail orders, but it is worth a try...

: My second bit of info concerns the Indy jacket from the Jawa Trader... My uncle, the guy who got me into Indy Gear collecting, just received his jacket, and I went over last night to look at it. It is of similar quality to the Disney jacket, but is more authentic in its make (i.e. no snaps on cuffs, etc). It comes pre-distressed, and has a little more "grainy" surface than my uncle's Wested. The pre-distressing is somewhat odd though, the leather is different colors on different parts of the jacket...the pockets are darker than the rest of the jacket, as is the collar, almost as if the pre-distressed the pieces of leather, then made the jacket... if anyone else has purchased one, I would be interested in hearing their take on it...

...but just be aware that not ALL the store locations that handles the Alden line, or can order Aldens, are listed at that link. They just list the ones that handle the largest inventory and ignore the smaller stores. Just a small point, but one to keep in mind. Regards. Michaelson

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]