Shaggy Goes on his Third Rant Ever

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Shaggy from cx643543-a.msnv1.occa.home.com on April 02, 2000 at 22:39:14:

Regarding the Indy look so many people on this forum are after:

I have never heard so much bullcrap about clothing since I wandered into the wardrobe room of The View when I was touring New York. Why are all of you obsessing about looking like the Man? It's like you have to buy THE hat, and THE jacket, and THE satchel, and people've blown close to or more than a thousand bucks with this obsession. What the Hell drives you? My Indy outfit for the fan fiction trailer costed about $100. That includes the khakis, hat, shirt, bomber jacket, satchel, bullwhip and shoes. The most expensive item was the shoes. I just don't understand it; why do you people buy it so damn expensive and why do you feel other people have to be informed of this? Do you not realize that you can get better, more patinaed Indy Gear at army surplus and vintage clothing stores? I just am sick of it, and I swear that if I see one more message on this forum bitching about getting the black strap instead of the light grey one, or the shoes with the wrong kind of texture, I'll yell at my monitor for the person posting to die.

Thank you, I feel better now.
-Shaggy

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL: