Re: Should they or shouldn't they....

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Steve from ppp-25.COL.cableone.net on April 03, 2000 at 18:18:58:

In Reply to: Re: Should they or shouldn't they.... posted by mlgm on April 03, 2000 at 07:04:39:

: : All I can say to this question is that I think we've all been going about this all wrong. We seem to take the attitude that it's either Harrison Ford or someone else that's the question, and maybe it shouldn't be. What I mean by that is, instead of letting the presence of harrison ford dictate the story, or at least the story's setting, the more important question is what's the story and how good is it?...and ultimately that should dictate the practicalities of introducing Harrison Ford to the mix again or any of the other actors for that matter. The story should always come first.

: : Regards,
: : Brian K.

: : : Should they replace Ford? I vote yes cause the guy is ancient.

: Bravo! Put exactly right! The play's the thing.

I guess everyone is entitled to their own opinion. I want to voice mine, just in case silence is misconstrued as a general consensus. To me two things are very important regarding Indy 4. The story, and Ford. I want the story to be as good as Raiders, and I want Ford playing the role of Indiana Jones. Personally I don't want to see a series of Indy movies, cashing in on the success that Ford has given them. To me Ford is Indy, and no one, I repeat, no one can replace him in that role. If he is too ancient to do the movies, then let his work stand, don't make any more. I just can't imagine anyone else playing the character as well as he has. Like it or not, his personality is entrenched in that character, and to remove it, would be destroying the persona we have come to know as Indiana Jones. For that matter, removing any of the 3 people originally involved in the making of the movies, would be something I would not want to see. If we can't have Ford, Spielberg, and Lucas involved in the new Indy movie, just let sleeping dogs lie. There will be plenty of other adventure movies to enjoy without committing heresy. Steve

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]