To own each piece

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Shaggy from cx643543-a.msnv1.occa.home.com on April 03, 2000 at 18:44:47:

In Reply to: To each his own.... posted by DeWayne on April 03, 2000 at 08:53:14:

: Are you looking to start a fight? Don't. It's a relatively harmless hobby. If it upsets you so much, don't read the posts. Many have come and gone that have written messages like yours. It never makes any difference.
: See ya! DeWayne

DeWayne, if others have complained about this, then WHY THE HELL DO PEOPLE KEEP DOING TALKING ABOUT IT?

I'm not trying to extinguish the topic completely, as my prior message may have tried to convey, but it's too often that this forum is dejunked with posers trying to buy $1100 bullwhips and $300 cargo shirts whining to others about getting the slightest detail out of place. Don't get me wrong, when I order something I want it to be correct, but the difference between the slightly aged lighter with a picture of an airplane flying out of the clouds and the slightly aged lighter with a picture of an airplane flying above the clouds doesn't quite appeal to me and many, many other Indyfans the way it does to some of us that are just a hop away from dressing up like Mr. Spock if he was an Ewok at a Star Trek/Star Wars crossover convention. Here are some alternatives for ye who want to be dressed just like the man from 100 years ago that never existed, but is still a wonderful character with the same ranks as James Bond so the rest of us can look at important posts, like questions about Indy IV and those polls that keep popping up:
1. Urge Indygear to set up a forum
2. Start a mailing group
3. Go to the Indygear chatroom
4. Don't bitch about it in the first place

Once again, I'm not saying that these posts don't belong on the forum, but it seems like there've been more and more and more of them in the past, and have pushed posts made only a day earlier into the Indyfan.com forum archives; and yes, my own posts included; and have in turn forced the posts to be unanswered due to the out-of-sight-out-of-mind state many forum posters have around here.
Won't see ya cos we're communicating ala a forum! Shaggy

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]