Re: But the larger brim size is the correct size!

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by BILL BUTCHER from gateway.amoco.com on April 03, 2000 at 20:18:28:

In Reply to: Re: But the larger brim size is the correct size! posted by MF on March 30, 2000 at 19:07:04:

: Sorry -- I should have been clearer. (Wonder how many times a day I say that! ;-))

: By too big I do indeed mean the sides. I find the front and back fine, but the sides seem more "authentic" if they are around 2 1/2 or 2 5/8 (especially went curved heavily).

: 2 3/4" on the sides gives the hat too wide of a front profile, IMO.

: Of course, I'm not a hat doctor -- I just play one on TV! ;-)

: I've not yet received a smaller brimmed hat -- is the 2 1/2" smaller all around? It sounds like I am better off getting the 2 3/4" and trimming the sides, eh?

: // mf

: BTW, any one else get an unblocked hat? Mine didn't have the firm roll of the front brim that the blocked hats did. Of course we all know about the snappiness of the snap back brim! :-)

I was wondering since you have both the unbashed and shaped crown which is the better of the two .I was thinking the unbaSHED ONE WOULD BE EASIER to work with .Is the color close to original .Akubra also makes open crown hats but they don't have a close color match .I thought that biltmore was the Canadian branch of Stetson(who made the nostalgia ) so they should be the same .I do know from talking to biltmore they sure don't seem to know to much on hats for a hat company.If you have baught 3 millers you could have gotten one HJ.
Which i own one and it really holds up great in weather ,my stetson temple did warp the brim after a few rains and the crown really looks worn .Anyhow i would surily love to here from somebody who has the indy miller and how well they like it .I live in minnesota ,and the weather can be severe plus i travel to Seattle a lot and don't want to ruin my HJ wearing it to work.Thanks BILL
zwdb08@yahoo.com

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]