Indiana Jones and the Tomb of Ice

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Punisher from 13.gate4.yokota.attmil.ne.jp on April 04, 2000 at 06:47:02:

Just a few thoughts on the "mystery script".

I have made it about half way through and find it to be quite interesting and enjoyable. However, as for it's authenticity, I'm sure it is fake. Two things blare out "fake" so far.

1: The scene with Indy and Abbey on the rooftop of the night club.
The idea of "black helicoptors" didn't come around for some time. helicoptors from the late 40s wouldn't be described as "slick black" helicoptors because they were mostly metal beams criss-crossed together with a bubble-like flight cabin in the front. They looked more skeletal than slick.

2: The US Army provides Indy and Abbey transportation to Britain via a DC-10. The DC-10 wasn't produced until 1968, and the first one wasn't delivered until 1971, therefore it is about 30 years out of place.

I didn't do this to nit-pick so I don't want any flames. Just wanted to post my opinion on an enjoyable script with a few minor flaws that wouldn't make it past a movie studio's desk. I think the scriptis fan-fiction. Whoever wrote it should keep up the good work, and maybe rework the script with a little more historical accuracy.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]