Re: Harrison not as Indy? Will it suceed???

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Stephen from hc-ras-01-p25.cle.qual.net on July 07, 1998 at 20:21:23:

In Reply to: Re: Harrison not as Indy? Will it suceed??? posted by IJONES on July 07, 1998 at 15:15:51:

: Harrison Ford not as Indy? I doubt it; Harrison Ford has been saying for years he would love to do another one, and we would love seeing him in another. If they replaced him with a new guy, regardless of who it is, would it suceed, can it suceed? We watched Harrison in three indy films already, This is his character. Take the Bond films, I loved all the Bonds and I didn't mind them replacing Sean Connery, but that's only because it was a franchise, and all these other characters, Dracula, the President; they're all universal characters that have been used over and over but Indiana Jones may end here, at this fourth film. So why replace Harrison when this could be his last chance. And don't even say he's not up to it. He just did Six Days Seven Nights(alright) and Air Force One was spectacular. He can do it, and he'd better, if he doesn't get to, it may be one of Lucas's-Speilberg biggest mistake. I respectively consider everyone's opinion and am open to critism, just not too bad. Thanks

Give us a great story and quality actors and you'll see a successful
(Indy) movie... the reference to James Bond is well noted above. As
far as who might take over the Indy character... well, I think (and
please don't yell too loud if you disagree) George Clooney would do
a terrific job. Think about it: he can play an action role (I liked
his Batman portrayal), has the range to be forceful and angry as well
as self-deprecating and reserved, he can surely handle the male/female
interactions with passion or playful flirtation as necessary, and has
a rugged, handsome look well-suited for the part.

Any reactions?

Regards,
Stephen

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: