Re: Hat accsesories(sp)

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Steve from ppp-136.COL.cableone.net on April 05, 2000 at 01:25:43:

In Reply to: Hat accsesories(sp) posted by Reggie on April 04, 2000 at 23:21:57:

: Do hat boxes keep dust off the hats? I was thinking about getting one. Are there any water repelents made for felt hats? I could use Scotch Guard etc but I was wondering if there was somthing better? There is one product I own. It is a hat brush. Any hat owners who dont have one should get one! It's better that wasting tape to get dust off your hat! It also "combs" you hat fibers so it becomes darker and smoother. You can see them on millerhats.com

You know, Miller sends their hats in a nice cardboard box with a plastic handle for storing your hat when not in use. It's always a good idea to keep them in this to avoid dust that inevitably collects on hats. This box has the insert that the hat fits down in to maintain its shape without distorting it. I have my GW stored in one now, as I seldom wear it anymore. As far as the repellant, I purchased a can with the brand name of Scout from my local western hatter. It says on the label "formulated for all felt hats." Whether it is better than Scotchguard I can't say. But it works as well as Scotchguard. I had an old hat that I was playing with, and tried to soak it with water, and discovered it was almost impossible to do so. And this was using a stream of water from the kitchen sink! It rolled off like water off a ducks back. I eventully succeeded, but it took quite a while. This convinced me of the need to use this stuff often for protection. I firmly believe in taking care of my gear. I also have a hat brush, and use it often. I probably have about $1000.00 invested in just hats, so I want these to last me a very long time. regards, Steve

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]