Re: E-mail from Lock Hatters...

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Tim from 195.44.37.109 on April 05, 2000 at 12:51:10:

In Reply to: E-mail from Lock Hatters... posted by Tyree on April 05, 2000 at 12:41:34:

: : I just received an e-mail from Lock Hatters. Patrick states that the Chelsea is "quite close to the hat from the Indiana Jones films with a broad brim and broad band," but his UK pricing info is a bit cryptic for this American...if anyone can decipher for me please do!
: Patrick states that the price is 130(pounds) less VAT pf(whatever that means) 19.36(pounds). Postage is 28(pounds). The total cost would be 138.64(pounds) delivered.
: I know my math is sometimes a little shakey, but I just can't figure any of this out. And what the heck is VAT pf anyways?
: I must say though, that Lock Hatters was very good about sending me a return e-mail, as I just sent my query to them yesterday!

Value Added Tax. You would deduct from the cost as it is being exported, then ADD in postage AND local taxes/customs at your end.
Should come to about $20ish to pay when you receive the item. We pay over 15% taxes on everything here. No state laws you know...!

Tim

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]