Hey, I've Always Been Praising SPF!

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Ultraman Tiga from ts001d27.las-nv.concentric.net on July 08, 1998 at 01:31:18:

In Reply to: Re: do i even dare say...? posted by Aragorn on July 07, 1998 at 17:18:44:

Good for Nietsche to bring him up, but I do feel cheeted by Aragorn's claim that no one brought up SPF until him. I bring up SPF all the time when I start posting here again, and if you scroll down this board a way, you'll see where I cursed at those other fellows for talking on and on about this thread's subject without ever having mentioned SPF.

Well anyway, I just want to back up all those in favor of the Flannery man. He did not opnly agood job, but a simply AMAZING job. When Young Indy Chronicles first started, it took me two or three episodes before I could be sure they had the right guy for the job. The London episode is pretty convincing - SPF moves and feels like Harry Ford, but you don't get to see him in that much of any intense dramatic situation. It was the CONGO episodes that cemented it, especially at the point where Indy has to draw his gun on his commanding officer.

In fact, I'd much rather see SPF play out Indy's life up until RAIDERS as opposed to seeing an aged HF play the part in unconvincing sequences one more time.

TIGA

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]