Indy videos-the many releases

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Rocky from HRBGA010-0627.splitrock.net on April 06, 2000 at 23:26:34:

O.K. Guys, this request may sound a little strange.
Raiders has been my favorite movie since I first saw it as a sneak preview way back in '81.
When I bought my Beta, it was the first movie I bought and played it everyday. I even bought a second copy, because back then 29.95 was too good a price. "It'll never be cheaper", I thought.
Well that second copy is still sealed. The beta has since died (just last year), and I am anxiously awaiting the DVD.
But to my strange question.
What I'm looking for, and trying to collect is the many release versions of "Raiders of the Lost Ark" on VHS.
What I don't know for sure is how many there were. Here's how I think you can tell. On the outside cover, it'll give, in fine print, the copyright and trademark info. This is generally found on the back.
Well a year is given there. That I believe denotes new packaging and liscensing. The one's I have are:
1) The one with the Temple of Doom ad on the front
2) The 1986 gold collectors edition
3) The 1988 version with credit info on the front of the box
4) The 1989 version, the one that just got pulled last year.
5) The latest version.

Now I know McDonald's had a version, which I'm looking for, but I don't know if there are any more. If anybody has any info, I would greatly appreciate it, so I can contact people on ebay who are selling their copies.

Thanks for any help and time you guys can give.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]