No guts, no glory...

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Patterson from gw.wizards.com on April 07, 2000 at 13:17:52:

In Reply to: It has dried nicely, and there isn't any prob with rubbing off yet(nm posted by Ravenwood on April 05, 2000 at 23:44:53:

: : : I have a pre-distresswd Wested crusade jacket. I really thought the jacket color was becoming to light in color. In addition to that I know there is controversey over this, but I am convinced that the original jacket in the movies is a super dark brown near black color. I wanted my jacket to look as close to the movie jacket as I could get it so this is what I did and I LOVE THE RESULT.

: : : 1st, I took black shoe polish, a sponge and a rag, I spread the polish evenly across my entire jacket using the sponge and wiped the excess off with my rag. The final color is a very deep dark brown, almost black, the color is the closest I've seen to the original.

: : : 2nd, I took some fine grain sand paper and sanded the color, cargo pockets, seems, the edges of the jacket, and the straight line across the back. I LOVE IT. My entire family and friend have commente on how awesome it looks.
: : : I am not reccomding this for everyone, but if you feel your pre-distressed Wested is too light then this is something to consider. If you mess up on the sanding as long as you have access ro more polish you can cover it up and start over, or just leave it undistressed. To me it now looks like an exact replica, but I also believe that the movie jacket is a darker brown than what Wested sells now. So it's something to consider. This is all in my humble opinion, I'm open for any of your thoughts or questions too. Take care everyone.

:
: : :
: : : \\\

I applaud your initiative! I imagine it does look good. I, however, echo Michaelson. I stumbled on the Pecard treatment with the predistressed. Man! It really makes the difference!

Cheers!

Patterson

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL: