Re: Gloves and Raiders Holster

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Greg from brun-m001-39.netquarters.net on July 08, 1998 at 06:53:23:

In Reply to: Gloves and Raiders Holster posted by Matt Walker on July 08, 1998 at 06:45:18:

: Ok guys, I'm going crazy here. I have read in many posts that the gloves from raiders were 850s from Midwest. So I call midwest to ask them about their gloves and they said that the gloves were not used in the movies. So now I don't know what the heck to do. Also, I read on a post from a long time ago from Michaelson that the Raiders holster was from El Paso Saddelery. Does anybody know how I can contact them? Any information would be greatly appreciated.

: Matt Walker

Conflicting reports-Ah, I love this hobby! More challenge! Midwest couldn't confirm nor deny that the gloves were the ones used as it was so long ago (just no one there knew for sure). One woman in shipping who has worked there for a period of time does remember shipping a box of that model glove to a movie production addressed in California in 1980 or so-she said it was a long time ago, but since they were being shipped to a movie production, that much stood out in her mind. I'm sorry if my information that they are in fact the gloves turns out later to be incorrect. I can only go with what I know. I can tell you that from comparing my 850 gloves to the ones he was wearing, they damn sure look like it-right down to the "keyhole thumb". We'll keep looking, though until we have a confirmation! Thanks for the info!

Greg

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]