The Indy IV I'd like to see.

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by California Mike from 207-136-167-240.dialup.microweb.net on April 07, 2000 at 20:14:51:

In Reply to: Does anyone else just not want to see an Indy 4? posted by Martin Q. Blank on April 07, 2000 at 08:58:41:

I'd like to see Indy Iv, but only if it were done right. To that end..

1)No cgi. CGI, no matter how well done, simply looks like computer crap.
2)Keep luca$ in the fringes. Luca$'s career has grown weaker and weaker while Spielberg has consistently matured as a filmaker. From Jaws, Close Encounters, Indy, Schindler's List, and Saving private ryan I would say his work has remained consistently at the pinnacle. Luca$...well, his last two efforts were radioland murders and the phantom menace.

3)...work Harrison's aging into the story. If I wrote the screenplay it would go something like this..
using make-up indy gets back together with Marion sometimes after the Last Crusade, but she is killed by the Nazis in the pre-story opening and Indy is crushed and blames himself. He stores his adventuring stuff in a trunk and goes back to teaching.
Years later...say 1950 (right about when the Soviet Union is developing Nuclear Weapons) he discovers they are searching for some ancient city (atlantis maybe) which has a source of incredibly rich radioactive ore. He doesn't want to participate, until he finds out the fringe group of nazi's that had Marion killed were given asylum by the Soviets in exchange for helping them develop nuclear weapons.

much madness would ensue, with a city being destroyed by mining and ancient booby traps, Nazi's and Soviet's to fight, and Indy finally meeting up with Marion's killer. Indy could be more mature and cynical, and perhaps lead younger soldiers or something.

At the end we'd discover that Marion put Indy's son up for adoption way back when they had their first affair! That would be a great way for a future series to begin!

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]