Top 5 'Indy' scenes that don't look like they were very much fun to shoot

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Martin Q. Blank from 216-164-247-219.s219.tnt3.sbo.ma.dialup.rcn.com on April 07, 2000 at 22:36:02:

(1) Ford's well-documented case of Montezuma's Revenge while filming the chase through the Cairo marketplace in 'Raiders'. Notice how sickly he looks. Notice how stiff his movements are, like 'I really hope I don't soil my pants right in the middle of this shot.' Add in the heat on top of that and you totally understand why he said 'Steve, why don't I just shoot the guy instead of this three-page whip and sword duel.' Funny that one of the most famous and hilarious moments in modern movies happened because of a bad case of the squirts.

(2) Kate Capshaw freaking out and covered with bugs. I wonder if Kate ever watches that scene on video and then makes Spielberg take out the trash to get even.

(3) Ford dangling from the tank in 'Crusade.' Again, it's 'Hi, it's 105 degrees and I'm covered with dust. I have dust in my eyes and I could get killed if the tank moves like 6 inches to the left.' No wonder he said at the time, 'Read my lips, no more Indy.' (Years later of course he reversed himself, telling Baba Wawa he'd play Indy again 'in a New York minute.')

(4) Paul Freeman, Ronald Lacey and Wolf Kahler standing around looking down at nothing during the climax of 'Raiders.' Of course the phantoms were added later but they must have felt foolish on the set screaming about a red stick offcamera or whatever it was they were told to react to.

(5) The balloons during the Obi Wan opening sequence in 'Temple'. What a continuity nightmare that must have been.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]